A music blog from Ireland.
Well, here’s the first podcast for Harmless Noise , Cool Pops. Bit fluttery feeling putting this up but I really like all the songs involved so don’t mind my waffling parts and just get into the tunes! When I said a while back that I wanted to do more with the music on this blog a podcast was certainly a big part of that.
So these are some of the songs that are soundtracking Summer 2011 in a big way for me. It was hard to stick with just an hour, there could have been more.
01. ASIWYFA – 7 Billion People All At Once
02. Cashier No.9 – Oh Pity
03. Jape – Lying On A Deathbed
04. Sounds of System Breakdown – Reversism
05. Zombie Computer – Time Keeps Passing
06. Large Mound – Stepmaster
07. Ten Past Seven – Johnston’s Cows (Toby Kaar‘s Cattleshed Remix)
08. Tieranniesaur – Here Be Monsters
09. Patrick Kelleher – Miracle Candle
10. Le Galaxie – Powers Of Miami
11. Last Days of 1984 – River’s Edge
12. Yeh Deadlies – Disc Jockey Blues
13. We Are Losers – Sunset Song
14. Moths – Summer
I really do love cool pops and sometimes I look at my music library and just feel spoilt for choice with the great array of music on offer. It’s nothing as fancy as synesthesia but there are just so many great flavours of sound on offer all over the country. Hope you enjoy!
Massive thanks are in order to the artist Jack Maloney for his illustration,if you haven’t seen his cartoons then head over to Wheel Spinning Hamster Dead for the laugh-out-louds. Another big shout is due to Ian Maleney for showing me how to put the tracks together – expect more, but not too much more. I’ll only do one of these every couple of months.
If you like what you hear on the podcast it would be most excellent to go out and buy the music and spread word amongst your fellow people of good taste!
Follow the Cool Pops podcast on Soundcloud – it’s pretty huge as a WAV so I just upped the MP3 file and you can download it if you like.