A music blog from Ireland.
The first leg of Hard Working Class Heroes 2012 kicks off tonight with 27 acts spread over five venues performing over the course of the night. It’s the festival’s tenth year and the organisers have a real reason to be proud: HWCH is now a staple of the live music calendar, an open industry showcase that aims to highlight the healthy state of Irish music and has truly succeeded in reaching that goal.
There are loads of great artists of varying styles performing tonight: those I’d stress you go and see would have to be Ginnels, Si Schroeder, Spies, Bouts, Jogging, Low Sea, Lemonada, CLU, SertOne and notably, Solar Bears for the headline slot in Meeting House Square. Their second album comes upon us soon, and will be special.
I’ve put together a mix of tracks from the bands and musicians who are performing tonight: click the black tab at the bottom of the page to pop up the music player. The scroller on the player can be a little buggy so I’ve placed a proper tracklisting below – all the songs come from Soundcloud so to get more information on the bands, click through the links provided. All the bands here are playing in Dublin tonight: you can see the running order for times and venues over on the HWCH schedule.
1. All These Aisles – Twin Terrace
2. Apparitions – Hush War Cry
3. Holy Venus – Sans Chateaux
4. Jump Ship – Si Schroeder
5. Night Flight – Futures Apart
6. Carraroe – Daithi ft. Elaine Mai
7. These Butterflies Are Here – A Dark Horse
8. La Citta – MOO!
9. Friends – Biggles Flys Again
10. Arlene Dreams – EleventyFour
11. Best In Town – Ginnels
12. Thrones – Spies
13. Canyons – Tandem Felix
14. We Tried – Bouts
15. Good Gold – Jogging
16. One Night Only – The Animators
17. Dominoes – Tempermental MissElayneous
18. NCAD Girl – Benny Smiles
19. Vitality – Lemonada
20. All The Cool Kids Are Doing It – KaraKara
21. XO – Replete
22. Bald Mountain – SertOne
23. Evening Ever – CLU
24. Cosmic Runner – Solar Bears
25. A Tunnel – DOGS
26. Berlin – Low Sea
27. Goodbye Now – Ghosts